SOLYSTIC, a subsidiary of Northrop Grumman is in the postal business since the 50’s. It designs, manufactures, installs and supports equipment for the processing of letters and flats. As a turnkey supplier, it provides the engineering, performs simulations, selects the best lay-out with its customers and builds the complete system including full controls and monitoring of the sorting site. Commissioning, training, after-sales support and services are also part of SOLYSTIC deliverables.
SOLYSTIC has also fostered partnership agreements in order to offer additional equipment, thus providing a global product offering for all customer needs. SOLYSTICTM equipment monitoring systems are crucial to operational efficiency.
SOLYSTIC reinforces its product offering with a suite of additional services: machine commissioning, training services, documentation updates, technical and logistic support are all offered throughout the entire life of the equipment.
The SOLYSTIC product offering includes:
- MARS – compact equipment specially designed for sequencing
- STAR – a machine with a throughput of 53,000 letters per hour for a wide range of mail items.
- TOP 2000 – flat mail items including plastic or paper wrapped mail sorted with optimum efficiency.
- MOSAICTM – Optical character recognition (OCR) and Video Coding Systems (VCS) used to read both handwritten and typewritten addresses.
- ISIS – Information systems implemented to facilitate process decision-making in order to provide efficient business workflows.