DHL adds a new logistics hub to its network

Yesterday, DHL Global Forwarding, Deutsche Post DHL Group’s air and ocean freight specialist, together with DHL Freight, celebrated the opening of DHL’s new Vienna Airport campus in the county of Fischamend.

The state-of-the-art logistics hub will combine the strengths of the three different transport modes – overland, air and ocean freight – for optimal handling and transport of goods in and out of Austria and Eastern Europe.

The new DHL campus at the Vienna Airport adds another important logistics hub and gateway to the DHL Global Forwarding, Freight worldwide network. Prominent guests from government and the private sector took part in the event, including Johanna Mikl-Leitner, Governor of the state of Lower Austria; Thomas Ram, Mayor of Fischamend; and Günther Ofner, CEO of the Vienna Airport (Flughafen Wien AG).

“With our new logistics hub at the Vienna Airport, we are leveraging the best synergies between DHL Global Forwarding and DHL Freight,” said Tim Scharwath, CEO Global Forwarding, Freight. “The new DHL campus at the Vienna Airport adds another important logistics hub to our global transportation network, which we use to service over 220 countries and territories.”

Until now, DHL Global Forwarding and DHL Freight conducted business from three separate locations around Vienna; these will now be consolidated at the new campus. Along with some 3,500m2 of office space, DHL’s new Vienna Airport campus includes two freight terminals, each measuring some 12,000m2 and consisting of roughly 5,000m2 for DHL Global Forwarding warehousing and handling, as well as 7,000m2 for DHL Freight. In order to meet the steadily growing demand for logistics and transport services in the life sciences and healthcare sector, DHL has also created larger capacities for temperature-controlled goods. With over 1,200m2, DHL Global Forwarding has doubled its space in this area.

“Our longer-term goal is to be the market and quality leader in European overland transport, which is why we continue to invest in the expansion and further development of our transport and groupage network,” explains Uwe Brinks, CEO DHL Freight. “We already have one of Europe’s densest terminal networks. The new DHL campus at the Vienna Airport is another important step in this direction.”

Design and construction of the new DHL campus focused on sustainable building practices and the use of renewable energy in line with Deutsche Post DHL Group’s target to achieve zero-emission logistics by the year 2050. In addition, the new logistics hub also meets the highest TAPA security standards (TAPA A).

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

KEBA

Since 2001, KePol parcel lockers from innovation leader KEBA ensure easy automating of the first and last mile of parcel logistics processes. First-class quality and outstanding reliability make KePol the world’s best locker solution available. Thanks to its modularity, the flexibility is high and customizing […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

News Archive

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

P&P Poll

Loading

What’s been the most interesting trend of 2019?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This