3D Printing’s Power to Disrupt
Cathy Morrow Roberson, Founder and Lead Analyst at Logistics Trends and Insights on 3D printing and the delivery sector:
- 3D printing finding its purpose in life
- Bringing the point of manufacture closer to the customer
- Manufacturing and distributing spare parts
- Delivery companies getting involved in 3D printing
- Impact on warehousing and delivery
- Reducing logistics costs
- Shrinking manufacturing lead times
- Cross-border distribution
- Same-day delivery
- Implications for the just-in-time supply chain
- Reducing inventory requirements
- Which sector will next be disrupted by 3D printing?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.