AI and The Postal Network
Kevin Seller, VP Sales EMEA at Escher, on applications for artificial intelligence in the postal sector:
- The basic principles of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Some current non-postal applications for AI
- Optimising operation and performance of retail stores and improving the customer experience
- Harnessing the huge amount of data available in the business
- Making an optimum post office network
- Why would a post want to invest in AI?
- Managing and analysing staffing patterns
- How does a postal operator get started with AI?
- Build vs buy in AI solutions
- Competition for talent
- Collect and clean data
- Develop algorithms
- Timeframes and cost
- Some potential outcomes of implementing AI across the postal network
- Transforming and being competitive – and driving efficiencies
- Scalability of AI solutions
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.