Amazon to dominate in B2B
Amazon is using its B2C infrastructure to quietly dominate in B2B. Joining Ian Kerr to discuss this is Dean Maciuba, Director Consulting Services at Logistics Trends & Insights. We cover:
- Amazon Business – the dominant marketplace in the USA?
- How Amazon leverages its existing network of fulfilment centres
- Fulfilment costs
- SKU range
- Amazon’s Delivery Service Partners – and shipping costs
- Multi-piece deliveries
- How much of Amazon DSPs’ volumes consists of B2B shipments
- Amazon parcel volumes directed to DSPs – and which carriers are missing out
- Impact of Amazon’s presence in B2B on FedEx and UPS
- Can anyone compete with Amazon in B2B?
- Importance of the sales force
- Amazon’s analytical prowess
- Could Amazon Business expand into other markets?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.