GlobalPost: eliminating friction between buyers and sellers
GlobalPost’s USPS Canada DDP service offers online retailers these benefits:
- Better Customer Experience: With sellers paying DDP, the buyer receives a smooth and easy delivery experience.
- Decreased Returns: Shipments that arrive with duties owed face a high rate of refusal, or abandonment, as unhappy consumers refuse to pay the additional costs. When customers refuse a package, the seller typically has to pay the return shipping fees to get the package back.
- Increased Sales Conversion: DDP is designed to help online retailers improve their shopping cart conversion rate for Canadian orders. Without DDP, customers are left guessing their total fees and end up abandoning their cart.
- Eliminates $9.95 Surcharge: If Canadian duties and taxes are assessed by customs and DDP was not included, Canada Post collects the fees upon delivery, plus an additional $9.95 surcharge. That extra surcharge could end up being a large percentage of the overall product cost, cutting further into the seller’s margin.
How GlobalPost’s USPS Canada DDP service works:
1. USPS Canada DDP is currently offered in the Stamps.com and Endicia shipping software platforms. Shippers add USPS Canada DDP directly in the UI of any shipping platform where GlobalPost is offered.
2. Shippers pay for the shipment plus duties/taxes in one payment when printing the shipping label.
3. GlobalPost handles all the paperwork and charges for duties/taxes associated with customs clearance.
“We’re thrilled to offer the GlobalPost USPS Canada DDP product to our Stamps.com and Endicia customers,” said Ken McBride, Chairman and CEO of Stamps.com, the GlobalPost parent company. “We’re always looking for ways to eliminate friction between buyers and sellers. Canada DDP reduces hassle, increases peace of mind and helps get orders into the hands of Canadian buyers faster. We think it’s going to be a real game changer for online shoppers in Canada.”