SingPost collaborating with FedEx and enabling parcel drop-offs at post offices
The primary objective of this MOU is to enhance operational efficiencies and elevate the customer experience by expanding drop-off options to more locations for cross-border shipments. Effective as of today, the three-month trial will provide greater convenience for FedEx customers with the option of dropping off their parcels at POPStop counters located within six participating post offices across the island, at no additional charge.
POPStop is a dedicated facility for e-commerce parcel-related transactions, including the lodgement of parcels as well as e-commerce returns, available in all post offices. POPStops are manned by SingPost staff who are able to provide guidance for customers sending out parcels. SingPost will handover FedEx parcels to FedEx on a daily basis to facilitate an efficient delivery process.
The six post offices that are participating in this trial includes:
1. Punggol post office (80 Punggol Field, #B1-01, 21 Community Club, Singapore 828815)
2. Raffles Place post office (Ocean Financial Centre, #B1-11, 10 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049315)
3. Tampines post office (5 Tampines Central 6, #01-24/25, Telepark, Singapore 529482)
4. Woodlands Central post office (900 S Woodlands Dr, #03-05/06 Civic Centre, Singapore 730900
5. Jurong West post office (492 Jurong West Street 41, #01-42, Singapore 640492)
6. Marine Parade post office (80 Marine Parade Rd, B1-83A, Singapore 449269)
“Our collaboration with SingPost represents a strategic alliance between two companies dedicated to making it simpler and more cost-effective for Singapore businesses to penetrate new markets leveraging FedEx’s unparalleled global network, differentiated service portfolio and advanced digital tools. We are excited by the immense potential this collaboration offers to our customers as part of our continuous commitment to enhance the service experience and facilitate greater cross-border trade,” said Mr. Eric Tan, Managing Director, FedEx Express Singapore.
“We are thrilled to be collaborating with FedEx and enabling parcel drop-offs at our post offices. Not only does it enhance consumers’ experiences by bringing about greater convenience and ease, but also maximises the use of our network. Consumers sending out parcels no longer have to wait at home for pickups and can better plan their day,” said Ms. Neo Su Yin, CEO Singapore, SingPost.