Amazon opens new pickup location at University of Pennsylvania

Amazon has announced that it is opening a new staffed package pickup point on the University of Pennsylvania campus. The first such facility at an Ivy League university, Amazon@Penn will allow Amazon Student and Amazon Prime members at Penn to get free same-day Pickup services.

The 3,558 square foot space, set to open this Spring, will be located in 1920 Commons, the University’s largest dining facility.

In addition to mobile-enabled, self-service package pick up, it will be the first Amazon pickup location to feature communal work spaces with interactive media pods where students can connect their laptops and mobile devices to TV monitors for presentations, brainstorming, studying, and collaborating.

“The preference by today’s students for on-line shopping has led to a significant increase in deliveries. When we looked closely at the shipping activity, we discovered that almost half of all packages delivered to Penn student mail rooms were from Amazon,” said Marie Witt, Vice President of Business Services at Penn.

“We’re thrilled to bring a new experience to Penn that makes it more convenient for students to get everything they need for university life,” said Ripley MacDonald, Director of Amazon Student Programs. “We look forward to bringing this experience to even more college communities soon.”

Since 2015, Amazon has opened staffed pickup locations at a number of colleges, including: Amazon@Purdue, Amazon@UMass, Amazon@IslaVista, and Amazon@Cincinnati. In addition to Penn, Amazon also has confirmed agreements to open two more locations in 2016 with the University of California, Davis and the University of California, Berkeley.

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

PasarEx

PasarEx is a Colombian company that provides international express transportation services for air cargo, packages and documents, and last mile services for electronic commerce platforms. PasarEx is positioned in the logistics market in Colombia due to its rapid response and personalized attention and the use […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

P&P Poll

Loading

What’s the future of the postal USO?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

News Archive

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This