Update on US Senate hearing on USPS
As previously reported by Post&Parcel, the bill was introduced by Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Ranking Member Tom Carper in September 2015.
In an email notice sent on Friday (15 January), Senator Carper commented: “Our economy depends on a healthy and robust Postal Service.
“It’s our duty in Congress to pave a fiscally sustainable path for the agency that will enable this American institution to return to solvency, improve service, and thrive in the digital age.
“This hearing will give our Committee members on both sides of the aisle and postal stakeholders an opportunity to assess the hurdles facing the Postal Service, identify the tools the Postal Service needs to innovate and thrive in the 21st century, and find a way forward on my bipartisan postal reform bill in an open, transparent setting.”
The full witness list for the hearing is:
- Megan J. Brennan, Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer, USPS
- Robert G. Taub, Acting Chairman, Postal Regulatory Commission
- Lori Rectanus, Director, Physical Infrastructure, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- David C. Williams, Inspector General, USPS
- James E. Millstein, Former Chief Restructuring Officer at the U.S. Department of the Treasury and Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Millstein & Co.
- Jim Sauber, Chief of Staff, National Association of Letter Carriers
- John “Chip” Hutcheson III, President, National Newspaper Association
- Kathy Collins, General Manager, Rothschild Mill, Domtar Paper Company