UPS capitalises on demand for next-day delivery
UPS’s Next Day Air volume surged 30% in the company’s key domestic business during the second-quarter 2019.
UPS revealed its second quarter results earlier this week.
Other key figures are:
- U.S. Daily Volume Grew Over 7%;
- U.S. Operating Profit Increased Nearly 29%; Up 8% on an Adjusted Basis
- International Boosts Operating Margins to 18.9%; Adjusted Margins of 19%
- Supply Chain and Freight Operating Profit Increased Nearly 26%; Adjusted Operating Profit Up More Than 10%
- Cash from Operations of $4.2 billion; Adjusted Free Cash Flow Near $2.2 billion
- UPS reaffirms adjusted full-year diluted EPS in the range of $7.45 to $7.75
“Our Transformation initiatives are generating greater efficiencies across the network and, when combined with our growth strategies, UPS achieved profit growth in all segments,” said David Abney, UPS chairman and CEO.
“We also announced a very extensive roll-out of new products and services such as UPS My Choice for Business, expanded UPS Access Points, and UPS Worldwide Economy, among others, for small- and medium-sized businesses, all designed to generate additional profitable growth.”