Amazon delivered over 3.5 billion customer packages globally in 2019
Amazon has announced that the number of items delivered with Prime Free One-Day and Prime Free Same-Day Delivery nearly quadrupled during the 2019 holiday season.
“This holiday season has been better than ever thanks to our customers and employees all around the world,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO.
Amazon’s worldwide and U.S.-only seasonal and year-end highlights are as follows:
- More people tried Prime this holiday season than any previous year – in fact, in one week alone, more than 5 million new customers started Prime free trials or began paid memberships worldwide.
- In 2019, Amazon’s dedicated last-mile delivery network delivered over 3.5 billion customer packages globally.
- This holiday season, the number of items that were delivered with Prime Free One-Day and Prime Free Same-Day Delivery nearly quadrupled compared to the same time period last holiday season, making this Amazon’s fastest holiday yet.
- Over 100 million items sold by independent third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses – were shipped with Prime Free One-Day Delivery over the holidays in the U.S.
- Millions more items were ordered to an Amazon Hub location during the holiday season than ever before.
- 60 % more customers shipped their holiday order to an Amazon pickup point this season compared to last year.
- The top ten cities that used an Amazon Locker or Amazon Counter location this holiday were Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Seattle, Portland, San Jose, Berkeley (CA), Austin and Columbus.
- The last delivery with Amazon’s ultra-fast delivery arrived on Christmas Eve at 11:59pm PT in Seattle, WA.