Free vs Green vs Fast with Chloë Thomas (eCommerce MasterPlan)
Author, podcast host, and host of the eCommerce MasterPlan podcast Chloë Thomas returns to talk about e-commerce delivery from a retailer and customer perspective. We cover:
- Speed vs cost vs green
- Giving customers what they want… and paying for it!
- Changing consumer expectations thanks to That Virus
- Will customers still want fast delivery? Or will it depend on the product category?
- Customers switching to online purchasing – and post-pandemic buying habits
- Consumer backlash – customer service at e-commerce retailers being overwhelmed by complaints (which are often delivery-related)
- Communicating with customers and using interactive delivery management (IDM) to allow customers to manage their deliveries
- Best practice in in-flight communications
- Pro-active post-purchase communications with customers
- Reducing customer complaints
- Reducing returns
- Do retailers think they have to compete with Amazon?
- Retailers’ awareness of the environmental impact of e-commerce delivery – including packaging and returns
- Consolidating e-commerce deliveries (e.g. Amazon Day)
- Green delivery slots – and nudge behaviour
- Alternative delivery modes (e.g. parcel lockers, deliver to neighbour, safe place)
- Dealing with returns
- How the pandemic is changing e-commerce returns
- Chlöe’s bold predictions for the future of e-commerce!
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.