DX appoints new Executive Chairman
DX has today announced the appointment of Mark Hammond as Executive Chairman, following the retirement from the Board of Ron Series.
- Ron retires with the good wishes of the Board and colleagues after joining DX as Chairman five years ago to help lead the successful turnaround of DX, leaving the Group in a strong position.
- Mark’s appointment is immediate and his position will be an executive one until the appointment of a Chief Executive Officer, at which point it will revert to being a non-executive role.
- Mark Hammond has over 25 years’ commercial and financial experience across finance, investment and commerce and has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland since 1991. He was co-founder and manager of a private equity fund, Caird Capital LLP, having previously worked for Bank of Scotland Corporate as Head of Integrated Finance.
- He is currently Senior Independent Director of Genuit Group plc, the listed provider of sustainable water, climate and ventilation management solutions to the construction industry, and a Non-executive Director of Chaffin Holdings Limited, which provides arboricultural services.
- He was previously a Non-executive Director of Tuffnells Parcel Express Limited, until its successful sale to Connect Group plc and a Non-executive Director of David Lloyd Leisure Group Limited, a leading European fitness business.
Jon Kempster, Senior Independent Director of DX (Group) plc, said: “Ron has been a key member of the Board over the last five years and contributed to the Group’s successful recovery since 2017, helping to set the turnaround strategy and path to profitable growth. He retires with the Board’s grateful thanks and very best wishes.
“We are delighted to welcome Mark to the Board as Executive Chairman. His appointment is an important step as we progress plans for the Group’s future growth and development to the benefit of all shareholders.”