Brand manufacturers rely on DHL's logistics concept

This campus is designed for brand manufacturers of cosmetics and cleaning agents and will initially cover a space of 60,000 sqm.
Colgate-Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson and Reckitt Benckiser are placing their trust in the new logistics concept of DHL Exel Supply Chain. This autumn, Deutsche Post World Net’s contract logistics will open a so-called Logistics Campus in Unna in the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia that is designed especially for brand manufacturers of cosmetics and cleaning agents, and will initially cover a space of 60,000 sqm. The first customers to tap the quality and flexibility benefits available in Unna will be Colgate-Palmolive and Johnson & Johnson. Reckitt Benckiser will move in the mid of 2008 when 20,000 sqm have been added to the campus.
DHL has designed the center in Unna to meet the requirements of manufacturers of cosmetic products and cleaning agents. Frequently changing assortments and seasonal capacity logjams are key features of this sector. Manufacturers need sufficient leeway to respond to these challenges and realize synergies – the only way to ensure a high service level in the market. The campus concept guarantees uniform standards in warehousing and transport processes as well as in the area of IT systems. In addition, identical hall designs ensure that all DHL services can be flexibly adapted to the customer’s warehouse capacity requirements at any time.
Aside from comprehensive warehousing services and value-added assistance such as display construction and RFIT integration, DHL also handles the processing of national and European shipments. An SAP platform developed specifically for the consumer goods industry ensures that all partners can use a common information interface.
All logistics services offered in Dortmund will be relocated to Unna by the end of the year. All employees will receive jobs at the new location.

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

KEBA

KEBA is an internationally successful high-tech company with headquarters in Linz (Austria) and subsidiaries worldwide. KEBA is active in the three operative business areas: Industrial Automation, Handover Automation and Energy Automation. The company has been developing and producing for more than 50 years according to […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

P&P Poll

Loading

What’s the future of the postal USO?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

News Archive

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This