House Oversight Committee hearing to focus on USPS reform
The US House of Representatives Oversight & Government Reform Committee will be holding a hearing today (11 May) on postal reform legislation. The US Postal Service (USPS) – which announced its latest quarterly results earlier this week – experienced a cumulative net loss of $56.8bn from 2007 to 2015 and is facing a pension funding shortfall of $24.1bn.
Today’s hearing is set to start at 11:00 am local time and the witness list includes:
- Megan Brennan, Postmaster General, United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Robert G. Taft, Acting Chairman, US Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC)
- Lori Rectanus Director, Physical Infrastructure Issues, US Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Jessica Lowrance Executive Vice President, Association for Postal Commerce
- Frederic Rolando President National Association of Letter Carriers.