Is USA vs UPU reaching endgame?
Pierre Morin, International Relations at Canada Post, gives us an insider’s perspective on how the USA vs UPU battle has been progressing. We cover:
- The impact on inbound international parcels on Canada Post’s bottom line
- Shortcomings in the current international pricing arrangements
- Comparing domestic parcel rates to inbound international parcels
- Response to the USA’s announcement it intends to leave the UPU
- The Universal Postal Coalition group of countries
- Mail exporters, extra-territorial offices of exchange, and the single postal territory
- The countries and postal operators benefiting from the current system
- The remaining options being discussed at the UPU, and whether or not they will address the USA’s concerns and keep the USA in the UPU
- How self-declared rates work and the implications for the sector
- What’s next for the UPU to resolve the issue
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com