UPS in the spotlight, with Dean Maciuba (Last Mile Experts)
Dean Maciuba, Managing Partner North America for Last Mile Experts, joins me to analyse recent announcements from UPS, including:
- Labour rates
- New employee contract, and new classes of drivers
- Hiring temporary workers for peak season
- The tight US labour market
- The UPS Access Point (PUDO) network, and delivery efficiencies
- Amazon volumes – profitability and threats
- FedEx strategy, including profitability of ground shipments and residential deliveries
- B2B deliveries, delivery density, and profitability
- Amazon Delivery Partners – what’s the future for UPS?
This week’s episode is sponsored by Onfleet.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via iTunes.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com