The Automated Future of Parcel Processing
Ralf Garlichs, Chief Operations Officer at Siemens Logistics, joins Ian Kerr to discuss the automated future of parcel processing:
- Processing varying parcel formats
- Speed and complexity
- Removing the need for manual handling
- A brief history of automation in logistics
- Labour shortage implications for logistics
- Three factors driving advances in automation: labour, volume growth, and the battle for services
- Data analytics role in improving efficiency
- Step-by-step progress towards a “touchless hub” – from unloading trucks through to sorting
- The automation technology already available today – including robots in hubs
- Automation in the core of sorting centres
- Who can benefit from logistics automation?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.