Jersey Post helps reunite university students with their possessions

Jersey Post has been working with the Government’s Children, Young People, Education and Skills Department to help students, who study away from the Island, get their belongings back from student accommodation.

Many students left their possessions behind in the UK when they were forced to leave their accommodation abruptly due to the Covid-19 pandemic. CYPES and Jersey Post have been in discussion to resolve the issue and have come up with a range of solutions including:

• Students can use Parcel Monkey, a company partially owned by Jersey Post, to arrange a UK to Jersey postal service for pre-packed items up to 30kg.
  • To transport larger items, such as furniture, back to the Island, Jersey Post’s Ship2me service can be used. Run through their subsidiary company Fraser Freight, Ship2me deliveries can be booked online with the promotional code for students.

The Assistant Minister for Education, Deputy Jeremy Maçon, said: “It must be very concerning for students who were forced to leave their possessions behind when they returned to Jersey following the outbreak of Covid-19. I’m delighted that Jersey Post has worked with its partners on a range of options to help students get their belongings home.”

Tim Brown, Chief Executive Officer of Jersey Post Group, added: “We understand the frustration of students not being able to get their belongings back to the Island easily.  With many students forced to leave their belongings behind when returning home earlier in the year, we are pleased that, through our extended network partners Parcel Monkey and Fraser Freight, we are able to offer delivery options at affordable discounted rates throughout June.”

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

Ecom Global Systems

Ecom Global Systems (EGS) are a technology company focused on global ecommerce distribution logistics born out of the dotcom era. EGS are proud to include their eco-friendly returns management webportal ReverseGear, combined with their mobile apps which allow both clients and customers anywhere anytime access. […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

News Archive

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

P&P Poll

Loading

Which PUDO technology supplier is most familiar to you?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This