Swiss Post Solutions inspires UK students with site tour

Swiss Post Solutions in the UK opened its doors to a group of students to take a behind-the-scenes look at its operations. The visit to the company’s London office was part of a day-long event called “A Capital Experience”, organised by business education charity Career Academies UK.

Swiss Post Solutions hosted a group of students aged 16 to 19 from London’s South Thames College, giving them insight into how the logistics company works, including a workplace tour and a question-and-answer session with human resources and senior management.

The students learned about the various employment roles at the company, career paths in the industry and the training that is offered to employees. They also found out why people work for Swiss Post Solutions, and what the company looks for in potential staff.

Swiss Post Solutions, which is doing a lot at the moment on its people management knowledge and skills, said it was the first time it had been involved with the Career Academies programme, but was now planning on continuing to work with students, providing workplace visits, one-to-one mentoring, lectures and internships.

Kelly Donovan (pictured right), the company’s people office director, said: “In the current economic climate, when it is more competitive than ever for young people to secure jobs and youth unemployment is on the increase, it is vital that employers work closely with schools and colleges to develop a skilled and diverse future workforce.

“We hope ‘A Capital Experience’ will help these students realise that there are many career paths open to them, show them what the world of work involves and encourage them to consider a ragne of options when it comes to future employment.”

London-based Career Academies UK was set up by business and nonprofit organisations in 2002 to raise the aspirations of 16-19 year olds, and works with around 1,000 employers to provide guest speakers for classrooms, mentoring, workplace visits and internships.

Jame McCreary, the agency’s chief executive, said the opportunity provided by Swiss Post Solutions was “more relevant than ever” at the moment, with the need for excellent workplace skills high on the government agenda.

He said: “The day is a fantastic introduction to the Career Academy programme, designed to offer unique work-related learning experiences and inspire students to aim high.”

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

SwipBox

Focus on the user experience SwipBox is focused on creating the world’s best user experience for delivering and picking up parcels using parcel lockers. Through a combination of intuitive network management software and hassle-free, app-operated parcel lockers, SwipBox delivers maximum convenience to logistics providers, retailers […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

P&P Poll

Loading

What’s the future of the postal USO?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

News Archive

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This