Is E-Commerce Delivery Broken?
Tim Harrison, Senior Policy Researcher at Citizens Advice and one of the authors of “The market which isn’t delivering”, joins me to discuss the failings and potential remedies in the UK e-commerce parcel delivery market:
- Where does the e-commerce parcel delivery experience begin?
- Unfair surcharging (for example, for delivery to remote addresses)
- Delivery information customers need when ordering online, including estimated delivery time
- Communicating consumer rights information
- Do customers need to know which delivery company will deliver their order?
- The main delivery problems UK consumers encounter
- Why isn’t the available technology being used to solve these delivery problems?
- Delivery for customers with disabilities
- Accessibility information for post offices and PUDOs
- The link between delivery quality and contractor payment
- Complaints handling
- Consumer experience with e-commerce returns
- Does the UK parcel industry need to be regulated?
- Download the report from the Citizens Advice website.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.