Covid-19 and The Last Mile
Mike Darchambeau, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer at last-mile technology company Urbantz, joins Ian Kerr to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the e-commerce last mile:
- The sudden boom in e-commerce – including grocery delivery
- E-commerce merchants are capitalising on the boom
- Creativity in the last mile to cope with the drastic growth
- Enabling local e-commerce
- Increasing capacity in response to a surge in orders
- Longer wait times for deliveries
- Delivery windows filling
- How to deliver faster
- Warehouses and personnel (including drivers)
- Automation and scaling up operations
- Coping with staff shortages
- Fast on-boarding of new drivers
- How Urbantz helped Red Cross France with the rapid expansion of its COVID-19 home delivery service
- Carrefour innovating to serve customers who aren’t tech-savvy
- Contactless delivery options for residential delivery
- Balancing loads across networks
- Route optimisation
- Communicating with the customer during delivery (interactive delivery management) and the customer experience
- Real time notifications and the impact on reducing calls to customer support
- Preparing for the post-COVID19 world
- The importance of agility
- Technology to serve the market
- The risk of putting projects on hold
- Will new e-commerce customers stick with e-commerce after the COVID-19 threat recedes?
- Fast delivery and green delivery trends
- Changes to the supply chain, including local fulfilment
Click here to visit the Urbantz website.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.
Brought to you by:
The Postal Hub Podcast is the weekly podcast for the global postal and delivery sectors. For more information, visit the Postal Hub Podcast website at thepostalhub.com.