Future of Letter and Parcel Delivery in the USA
Kate Muth, Executive Director at IMAG, joins Ian Kerr to talk about the future of letter and parcel delivery in the USA:
- Postal reform:
- Is this the best opportunity in years for meaningful change?
- Implications for parcels and letters in the USA
- Lack of clear definition of the Universal Service Obligation in the USA
- The letters monopoly – should it be opened to competition?
- Upstream preparation of letters (work share)
- The mailbox monopoly
- What is the most convenient way for customers to receive letters and parcels?
- Do recipients still value mail?
- Mail as a two-sided market
- Parcel delivery frequency
- Alternate day letter delivery
- Post office network access
- Who would be involved in formulating the USO?
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button on the audio player above (may take a few seconds to load and start playing). You can also listen (and subscribe) to the podcast via Google Podcasts, iTunes, and Spotify.