GEODIS opens new logistics campus in Northern France

GEODIS has opened a new logistics campus in Douvrin, Hauts-de-France which will primarily serve retail and textile customers.

There will be about 300 GEODIS employees on the 48,000 sqm site, which is conveniently located to the regional distribution hubs and is equipped with technology such as corrugators, pick-to-light equipment and automated conveyors.

GEODIS said it will be providing its partners with “comprehensive solutions and services” for the reception and storage of goods, order preparation and flow management. Customised services such as the quality control of supplier components and gift packaging for e-commerce customers are also offered.

“This new campus is part of the modernization of our warehousing infrastructure. It strengthens our position in Northern France and reinforces our position as a leading logistics provider of choice for retail and e-commerce activities,” said Frédéric Pasqual, GEODIS Executive Vice President, Contract Logistics France.

GEODIS estimated that more than three million e-commerce orders will be handled yearly at the new site.

Relevant Directory Listings

Listing image

INFORM GmbH

Agile Yard Management with SyncroTESS INFORM’s Agile Yard Management software, SyncroTESS, optimizes the handling of load units in post and parcel centers. Through the synchronized interaction between gate, yard, and logistics center, SyncroTESS enables an efficient, transparent and optimized yard management providing: Reduced gate times […]

Find out more

Other Directory Listings

News Archive

MER Magazine

The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.

P&P Poll

Loading

What’s been the most interesting trend of 2019?

Thank you for voting
You have already voted on this poll!
Please select an option!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This