As part of the government’s plan to privatise Oman’s postal services, the government is proposing a comprehensive postal law. “The government is currently evaluating a strategic report prepared by an adviser. The plan is to restructure and commercialise the country’s postal sector,” Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki, minister of national economy and deputy chairman of the Financial Affairs and Energy Resources Council said. “In fact, the plan is to introduce commercialisation ahead of privatisation. Privatisation is expected to improve efficiency and help the sector remain competitive. “The plan also involves development of a comprehensive postal law and regulations. Privatisation of the sector will follow the restructuring, after having operated for a period on a commercial basis.” Macki added.Read More
The state-run Japan Post will likely be transformed into a special joint-stock corporation in which the government would have a 100% stake, government sources said.
The planned corporation would operate subsidiaries to provide nationwide mail-delivery services and regionally-based postal savings and insurance services, according to the sources.
These ideas constitute a sketch of plans being contemplated as a result of the government’s ongoing study of how to privatize the three state-administered postal services–mail-delivery, postal savings and insurance services.Read More
The express and courier industry has had a good year with corporates adopting logistics solutions in a big way. At the same time, the common man is accessing express and courier services on a daily basis, according to Mr Tushar Jani, Chairman, Blue Dart Express Ltd.
The demand for express and courier services has spurred around 20% growth in the segment over the year, he said.Read More
Plans to offer free Internet kiosks in the UK’s 18,000 sub post offices to allow customers to pay bills online are being drawn up, it was confirmed.
The Federation of Sub Postmasters said it was working on the proposals in a move to secure the future of post offices.
Customers would be able to shop online, pay bills and search for local information via touch screens inside the special kiosks.Read More
- Ocado partners with Stuart to deliver groceries in under an hour Mar 7, 2019
- Hermes U.K. to bring parcels to life Feb 26, 2019
- eBay sees surge in UK small businesses joining the marketplace Mar 1, 2019
- China Post to roll out 2,000 robotic mail delivery trucks Feb 25, 2019
- Royal Mail to help clean up “London’s toxic air” with new trial Mar 19, 2019
The Mail & Express Review (MER) Magazine is our quarterly print publication. Packed with original content and thought-provoking features, MER is a a must-read for those who want the inside track on the industry.
- Is USA vs UPU reaching endgame? Mar 11, 2019
- Postal and Parcel Trends Analysis Mar 18, 2019
- IKEA going green in the last mile Mar 4, 2019
- Quiqup founder and CEO Bassel el Koussa Feb 18, 2019
- Could the Chinese e-commerce delivery model work in the West? Nov 19, 2018